To track a mobile, there are several built-in features that are capable of transmitting a signal. Determine the most accurate location of the device is possible if at least 2 of them work.
For this purpose, they use:
- GPS sensor;
- The card of the mobile operator.
To get a signal from the device are used programs for tracking the phone android, which convert the data into coordinates or visual data on the map. The applications differ in terms of functionality, ways of distribution (paid or free).
Guide to track smartphone on Android
The user has several ways of tracking an Android device:
- Google account. There is a built-in function that helps to link the device to the service, and then do the tracking of the device.
- Installed apps. This requires installing a spyware program on the mobile in advance. Applying to law enforcement agencies.
- You can write a missing gadget report, and the police can contact the operator to get data about the location of the mobile.
Enabling Device Manager
With registration and synchronization with Google service, the user can find the device through this service. It is necessary to activate the tracking of movements in advance in the settings of the phone. The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Open the smartphone settings menu (gear icon). Tap “Location”.
- Next, click on “Mode” and set it to “high precision”.
- Then tap on “Google Location History”, activate the history.
- Go back to the settings and go to “Security”.
- Tap on “Device Administrators”.
- Activate the “Android Remote Management” line.
Google Find My Device
You can track your smartphone through your Google account. The phone tracking program will work if you have previously registered your device. Log in and click the section called “Find My Phone”. You will then be asked to select the device you want to track and enter your account password again.
What you can do with this service:
- Find a lost or stolen phone. If the mobile has an activated GPS, then on the map will appear a mark where the mobile is. It will work even if the operator’s card is changed. If the device will be turned off, then the tracking will be impossible.
- Sending of an audible signal. The device could fall under the couch, behind the nightstand and you just can’t find it. There is a function that creates a loud call to the cell phone, even in silent mode. This will help identify where the smartphone is lying.
- Lock the device, create a message. This is necessary to prevent an intruder from accessing the files on the memory card. You can create a text message that the new “owner” will see when he tries to turn on the mobile.
- Data destruction. This function allows you to delete all information from the device.